Ten Reasons to Support Same-Sex Marriage
- I’d rather people be in love than not in love.
- People do not “choose” to be homosexual.
- The divorce rate of heterosexual couples in the United States hovers around 50%.
- Since when has the debate been about procreation, when above 90% of childbearing women(ages15-45) have used, or still use contraception?
- Those who have issues with homosexuality, more often than not, CHOOSE to do so.
- Not allowing two PEOPLE to marry because they are of the same-sex is discrimination.
- Homosexuals do not impose their lifestyle or will upon heterosexuals, or the whole of society for that matter.
- More pressing issues face our world: human trafficking, HIV, cancer, war, poverty, homelessness, unemployment, famine, global warming, and someone please stop me because this list is infinite…!
- “Only God can judge me, so either love me, or leave me alone.” –Jay Z
- The value of a human being should not be determined by who they marry, but in the love, peace, care, justice, and equality that they promote in our society and our world.